What, me worry?

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Stuff & Things

Gosh, I didn't think that revealing that I enjoy some of so called "reality t.v." would get me ripped on so badly. I still think it is a mis-nomer, but I'm tired of this argument. This isn't all I watch.
Haven't exactly tackled my television watching schedule on here yet. Mostly because there is too much to list.

Basically if I am home my television is on. I get home from work and I turn on my television at 5pm Indiana time, then I watch American Justice or City Confidential, depending on what day it is and which is on. Then after that sometimes it is another American Justice or maybe Cold Case files, again driven by what day it is and which is on. I don't however watch shows such as, Law and Order whatever the ending of the show name might be, who knows it seems there are a million of them, or CSI same as Law and Order, or Cold Case. This is because if I am going to watch shows like this, I would prefer to hear about actual cases, I'm fascinated with true crime rather than the fictional. Maybe it's because in my job I am so close in proximity to legal proceedings I don't know. So really don't watch to many dramatic cop or lawyer shows they all seem to be the same to me. The exception to this is The Shield. It's very well written and totally different than these other cop shows, it kind of reminds me of the show Homicide because it's kind of gritty and edgy. In this show you have bad cops and violence more true to what you might see rather than the candy coated law enforcement on other shows.

I don't usually watch sitcoms at all anymore, in sindication or not. Nothing against sitcoms, there just aren't many good ones out there. I chalk it up to no good ideas/writing. Exceptions to this are Arrested Development (this show is frickin' hilarious), Malcom in the Middle is sometimes alright, I used to watch That 70's Show but now I think it's gasping for air, The Simpson's is still a good one some would say it has lost steam but I still like it, Hooray for Family Guy being back on the air, and who knows about American Dad. Now some people might say the last ones are Cartoons and therefore not sitcoms, but to them I say So What....

I watch Survivor, I stopped for a couple seasons, then I liked Rupert on Pearl Island, so then I watched Survivor Allstars and was hooked back in again.

I never watched Amazing Race until this past season, because I'm a big fan of Rob and Amber from Survivor. I don't know if I'll watch it again, probably not.

I watch Apprentice, but my enjoyment of this show becomes less and less with each season because they seem to be casting bigger and bigger boneheads. It almost looks as if some of these people are ringers. So who knows.

I don't really watch American Idol, I just tune in to see who is still on and then tune out.

Pretty much my schedule is,
Monday-24
Tuesday-Gilmore Girls(witty), Amazing Race(now something else)
Wednesday-Lost, Who knows(Not Smallville)
Thursday-This is a tricky day because so much is on I watch this night-
Survivor/The OC, The Apprentice/Tru Calling. This just means I have my VCR taping one show while I watch the other. However I don't have to tape Tru Calling anymore because I think it's being cancelled, what a pity. To bad shows like this get no interest and yet people can't get enough of The Simple Life, however I can't help but laugh at the name, seeing as the simple thing seems to be their brains.
Friday I usually try to go out and not watch a lot of t.v.

Anyway, as you can see my tv schedule is too full. But there it is....

23 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, May 13, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Tammy( and The Bachellor)(loves Lesley Nielson)-Ok, so my list was incomplete, I only listed shows from Monday to Friday. I totally left out Saturday And Sundy. So sue me, but good luck, you know I know more Lawyers than you. But I will put up a revised, more complete schedule, miss leaves the house when Michiba is being challenged to a Crab Battle!!!
    But you are right I totally left out my Food Network viewing, and of course Mythbusters, It's nice that you are out there to call me out and make me sound like an even bigger freak than I already have....


    Yaki boy, Sorry being in Japan has raised your standards so high. I never thought going over seas would turn you into such a snob.
    I personally did enjoy the Family Guy episodes, Maybe not as good as in the past, maybe I was just happy it got another shot.
    Kick yourself in the head if you can bend your leg that far!!

     
  • At 9:24 PM, May 13, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    Yaki is for the first time talking smart with his dislike of the two new Family Guys. They seem dry and not as funny, and the whole Passion thing get the fuck over it. I shouldn't of ripped your reality watching as you mostly watch shit anyway. You only had two gems Arrested Development and Simpsons which is now rough. I don't know about Lost but as you watch a lot of shit I will not watch it thank you for saving me.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, May 13, 2005, Blogger joe said…

    TV is dick now that MST is not on it.

    You should ALL stop watching TV! You see...all is in capitals! I'm telling the truth.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, May 14, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Gee thanks for the advice, but I'd really rather watch tv after a day at work it requires less brain power.

    As far as the opinion that all I watch is shit, well, that is only an opinion. I'm not going to try to convert people to watch what I watch, I was merely sharing.

    I don't have to apologize for liking what I like nor defend it. I read on the weekends when my brain hasn't been fried from talking to idiot clients on the phone all day.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, May 14, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Tammy- Nobody's mad here, except maybe Nixonreed, he seems to think everything he says pisses me off. So silly.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, May 14, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    I don't think it I know it which is damn great. I'm trying to make your head explode like that fellow in Scanners. Than i'll move onto Joe than Yakiniku and then Sebastian Blayac. Everyone except Tammy Tyree that might be a favor to her.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, May 14, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Nixon- You don't piss me off, but if thinking you do makes you happy, who am I to stand in the way?

     
  • At 4:05 AM, May 15, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    When you're old and on your death bed you will review your life and think "My God, all I did was watch TV!"

     
  • At 11:34 AM, May 15, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I do other things on the weekends Watching tv isn't all I do. This is merely a general schedule of what I watch when I'm not working. Besides who said I'm going to die in bed?

     
  • At 2:33 PM, May 15, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    Well, when you die at the dinner table with a wish-bone caught in your throat you'll think "My God, all I did was watch TV my whole life, and in between I played video games and typed on a blog."

     
  • At 4:52 PM, May 15, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I don't play video games, and I know better than to put the wishbone in my mouth, you must be talking about yourself.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, May 15, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    Hey, those things are dangerous.

     
  • At 6:13 PM, May 15, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    And since when don't you play video games? Does it take away from your TV time?

     
  • At 12:24 AM, May 16, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Since I've never been a big fan of video games. I'd rather watch them be played than actually play them. Guess you don't know me so well then do ya?

     
  • At 4:11 AM, May 16, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    I count my blessings.

     
  • At 8:28 AM, May 16, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Damn, that was cold...

     
  • At 12:58 PM, May 22, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    Jeez, I was just kidding around, don't take it so personally. Nixon, Joe, Yak, all of us do it. Okay, i won't razz you anymore. Man, now I feel bad.

     
  • At 8:27 AM, May 23, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings, I've gotten over it already.

     
  • At 3:15 AM, May 24, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    Not really, I was just trying to keep the peace. I could give two shits either way.

     
  • At 7:42 AM, May 24, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Damn, that was also cold...

     
  • At 3:08 PM, May 24, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    Thank you.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, May 24, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    You're welcome.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    Ah, we do have fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home