What, me worry?

Monday, January 09, 2006

Blah.....

Boy has my year sucked so far. It's January so it's an insane time for the inventory business. That's my part time job. Not to mention at my daytime job we have had an insane amount of work. Not many UCC filings but lot's of businesses filing assumed business names and withdrawing and such.....Very busy. Needless to say I'm exhausted.
I work all the time.

Last weekend was the worst though. I worked all day Friday and then went to an inventory with my Mom and sister. (Yeah, the family works with me.) Work was fine. After it was through, since it was Mom's birthday, and I drove separate, I went to Kroger and bought her a birthday cake. I stopped by the ice cream and saw some Edy's Ice Cream. The containers were blue, it was called Touch Down Sunday, and a picture of Tony Dungee, the coach of the Indianapolis Colts was on the container, so of course I bought some. So the weekend was off to a good start, I had Saturday morning off and Sunday morning as well. Finally chance to sleep. So I get home and my Mom and sister pull up behind me. However the house is all dark. How strange that Dad had the Christmas lights off already. They were on when we left. Taped to the door was a note from my sister that said this:

"Mom, Jess(they call me Jess because my name is Jessica), Jill,
The power is out. A flashlight and candles are by the door. Call my
Cell if you need me."

I thought, "Jesus, what a shitty birthday present!" I thought maybe the lines were just down, but my Dad said not, the house caught on fire sort of, there were sparks outside on the back porch where the power connects to the power pole? I don't know the technical term that's just what he said. Anyway, it was nothing the power company could fix. So anyway we didn't have cake, and I deposited the ice cream in the deep freeze hoping it would stay cold in there. So I read by candle light until I fell asleep. Saturday Mom had to work. That left Dad to take care of getting an electrician. Which he fought against. True to form, Dad lets Mom take care of everything. You could say about their relationship that she emasculates him but if he feels that way, he lets it happen. (Not that that has anything to do with this)
After many phone calls to Dad and him whining because the power doesn't work, Mom called my cell and asked me to take care of it. So I told him that Mom wanted him to take call an electrician. He eventually finally got out the phone book. Again he whined and said he would but every damn place was closed. I called one myself, the one Mom had tried and sure enough they were closed. I heard Dad in the other room leaving a message. Then he told me to sit by the phone and wait for them to call him back. So I waited. Eventually it all got straightened out and an electrician came out and worked on it. I was pretty proud of Dad for that. He really didn't want to call them, but he did.

Of course it was an expensive job. They came on Saturday after all. So now Dad's gonna bitch about that for a while.


Anyway, hopefully in a couple of weeks the year will get better when things calm down. Hey, I'm off Wednesday night.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I forgot to mention the fact that I got to the office and my co-worker was off today which left me in charge and of course our laser printer went down today. Fine I have an inkjet printer as a back-up. Unfortunately our computers are down at our home office, normally this doesn't effect me, for some reason though they can receive and send e-mails but they can print nothing. So they forwarded everything to me to print and fax to them. Uh, on the inkjet. They said yes.....Uh, ok, so now the Inkjet is dead and I'm succeeding in getting the laser to print from the manual feed drawer, so far, which I tried before, wasn't working, is now. STUPID MONDAYS!!!!!

     
  • At 9:27 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I do have an update on the printer problem, I got a new one on Friday, I guess the owner does love us! Yeah, a brand new Laser printer that works faster than our slow computers.......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home