What, me worry?

Monday, November 14, 2005

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, so as with every special event, my boyfriend took me out of town on a little get away.

Friday morning we left my house and went to lunch at Pizza King. Pizza King is a great pizza place where you pick your own table and at the table there is a video game system. You can put in quarters and play a video game or watch television. There is only one game per booth so you must choose wisely because if you end up hating it you are stuck. Or you could watch TV. You look at the menu and push the intercom button and they come on and take your order. Then when it's done, they bring it out. I have been to many a Pizza King. Some don't have televisions or intercom. Some of them, and these are called Grand Stations, Have a train that brings your drink to you. Those are really fun, you can watch other people's drinks go past you.



After lunch we got back in the car and he showed me the info on where we were going. All I knew was we were going out of town until Sunday, now I had the info in my hand. We were going to Vevay all the way down on the Ohio River.
Yeah, it's always a place we haven't visited before. We stayed in the Rosemont Inn, which is right on the river. It is a bed and breakfast set up in a nearly 200 year old house. When I saw it I loved it immediately. What my boyfriend had purchased was a self guided tour of three wineries located in or around Vevay. First when we got into the Inn the owner gave us a history lesson on the history of Vevay, and Switzerland County Indiana, in general. Then we were shown to our room:





Some very interesting things about the history of wine in America. The first wineries in America were in the Ohio River Valley, in Indiana. I hadn't heard that before. When they started Indiana was a territory, not a state. Currently Indiana has 38 wineries I believe. So thats what we did, we tried wine and enjoyed ourselves in a not so touristy area. In the past we usually went to the Brown County area and that has become so packed with people such that I can't stand it at all. I hate crowds. Where we stayed this time seems like the kind of place people should visit. Rather than Nashville, Indiana, which mostly those shops sell all the same things that I would pass by at a craft fair.

Anyway, we came back yesterday on my birthday. It's about a 2 hour drive from there to here. We stopped at Edinburgh Premium Outlet Mall to stretch our legs. It's a nice outdoor outlet mall. We hardly go in the shops, we just like the walk. We then got back in the car, after I stopped in the Simmons Winery Shop and bought 3 more bottles of wine, and we went on to Greenwood. We decided to try out Johnny Carino's for lunch. It was fabulous. Then we went to Half Price Books where I bought nothing. When we got back to the car, my it wouldn't start. See, these are the things that happen on my birthday. Boo hoo. Whatever. Anyway, my mommy came to get me and AAA came to my boyfriends aid. Then my sister wanted to take me to "PRIDE AND PREJUDICE" last night because she thought they had a 9:40 pm showing, wrong. So maybe we will go tonight. Instead we went to Best Buy where I was drawn by some unseen force to purchase "Day of the Dead 2: Contagium" (possible review coming soon) Which was actually not as bad as I thought it might be, yet not as good as it could have been.

Today was uneventful though, I read a little this morning. Went out for a bit, stopped at the Graveyard to visit my sister's grave, stopped at the old ones graves, just because I felt like it.

Anyway, all in all it wasn't a bad birthday.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home