What, me worry?

Monday, September 08, 2008

Ranting......Outsourcing is from the Devil......

Alright, so the last week or so I've been getting calls from Ameritech-Yellow Pages at work. That's who they say they are. Up until last Tuesday they asked for Jeff. Then I spoke to a guy, obviously in India, who kept asking me if I was authorized to confirm our company information and okay a payment to keep our listing going that's why he was calling me specifically. I kept telling him that I wasn't and he said he already spoke to all the other offices (my office is one of 2) of my company and my office was the last one to call and he needed authorization to continue the listing and was I authorized. I said no. He said, he already spoke to all the other offices of my company and my office was the last one to call and he needed authorization to continue the listing and was I authorized. I said no. He said, he already spoke to all the other offices of my company and my office was the last one to call and he needed authorization to continue the listing and was I authorized. I said no. He said, he already spoke to all the other offices of my company and my office was the last one to call and he needed authorization to continue the listing and was I authorized. I said no. He said, he already spoke to all the other offices of my company and my office was the last one to call and he needed authorization to continue the listing and was I authorized. I said no. He said, he already spoke to all the other offices of my company and my office was the last one to call and he needed authorization to continue the listing and was I authorized. I said no. He said, he already spoke to all the other offices of my company and my office was the last one to call and he needed authorization to continue the listing and was I authorized. Get the point here? I asked if they could call back for Jeff and see if he could help them. The guy said that was impossible, it was on auto-dial (hmmmm... auto-dial eh? He said he called all our offices and spoke to them and called me specifially......) and it had to be done now. I once again explained that any company listing or billing is done in our corporate office. He said, he already spoke to all the other offices of my company and my office was the last one to call and he needed authorization to continue the listing and was I authorized. I said no. By the billionth time I tried to explain to him any company listing or billing is done in our corporate office, I felt like my head was going to explode. Finally I gave up and said I was authorized. Then he asked if I had any questions and once again asked if I was authorized and said he would send me a bill. I then said I didn't want a bill sent to me, I don't handle any of the bills, all bills are handled at our corporate office. So much of the same as above. So once again I gave up, in the hopes of eventually being transfered to an actual representative of Ameritech. Which I did, and I explained the same to him. He said he would take care of it and have our corporate office called.

Well ever since then they have called everyday and asked for me. One time last week Jeff answered the phone and told them I wasn't there. They tried the same line on him and he told them what I told them and they said they already talked to our corporate office and he asked them who they spoke to and the guy hung up.

Today when I was in the office they called again. I again asked who they spoke to and he said the same thing, he didn't call our corporate office, one of his associates did and he didn't have a name. I informed him if his associate had spoken to our corporate office then he would have learned that all of our company listings and billing is handled out of our corporate office. He hung up. I'll do the same tomorrow and so on and so forth.

My impression, they are working from a script, just a few lines. I'm not sure how well they know English. It's annoying and it makes me want to scream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home