What, me worry?

Friday, April 08, 2005

Thick Air

I walked outside earlier this week and could not breathe.
This only means that it's humid. I don't do well in humidity.
One of the reasons I hate living in Indiana, the summer isn't exactly fun
sometimes for me. I'm not so good with heat either. Humidity and heat together,
deadly combination.
It hasn't been the most fun week for me either.
Saturday I fell off a ladder at work. I was holding onto a piece of shelving
which was not firmly secured, it flipped up, I of course as always, was doing one of
my daring balancing act, dangling from the ladder so I would not have to climb down
and move the whole thing. It's more productive if you can do as much as you can up high. However, my method of working is not always the safest. Needless to say, when the shelving flipped up, I slipped, fell into the beam in the middle of two shelves and was wedged between the ladder and the shelving unit. My arm was stuck up in the air and I could not move by myself to right my self. I had to have my sister, who works with me sometimes, help me down. My whole left arm was sore the rest of the day. But I'm a trooper, I finished the day out and worked the next day also even though the pain had moved into my neck and I couldn't turn left. I didn't feel bad because I've seen 'Zoolander' so I know lot's of people can't turn left.
The weekend started out so well too. I went to see 'Sin City' Friday night with my boyfriend. We had both read the comic books years ago and both enjoyed them. I was really excited to see how the movie turned out because the trailer looked fabulous. I loved the movie it was like the comics came to life. Now some people say that B&W movies suck, but that's just a colorist attitude. The B& W decision was an artistic decision, had they made it in color totally, it would not have remained as true to the comic books. I saw it and was thinking the whole time that finally they made a comic book movie and it was actually for the people who read them and loved them.
Instead of some of those crappy Batman movies they kept making.
My neck doesn't hurt anymore, the ache went away sometime Tuesday. I've worked an inhuman amount of hours this week, Yeah!! I would complain but it all turns to joy when the check is direct deposited into my bank.

The other thing I did this week is, I got the movie 'Bruiser' from a third hand video store and I finally watched it. I found it highly amusing. Kind of sick I know. It's directed by George Romero, the maker of many movies from my favorite film genre, Zombie movies. This is not a zombie movie however. It's about a nice guy who finally gets pushed so far he loses his identity and has to take it back by any means necessary. It stars Jason Flemyng who is in a lot of things but I remember most as the putz in 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles' an A&E version of the book of the same name. He's so icky in 'Tess' and you feel sorry for him in 'Bruiser' to the point I couldn't figure out who he was. He's the kind of actor that you see all the time in movies but you don't remember his name. Like Ferris Bueller's best frien Cameron, I've seen that guy in lot's of stuff but I don't know his name. My sister got obnoxious while we were watching 'Bruiser' though because she kept saying that it this could never happen. I had to keep saying, It's George Romero, he's always trying to make a point you just have to find it. I think it's great myself. Definitly not his best work but worth checking out.
I've just written a lot. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home