What, me worry?

Monday, September 05, 2005

Life Changes

Anyone who has been reading this blog for a while knows I've been having several problems with my housemates. One in particular. My sister's boyfriend. I become physically ill when I'm in his presence. I get totally panicked and freak out. If he looks at me funny, or at all or tries to talk to me., I totally panic and blow up at him. And why is it this way? One night I was sleeping and I heard yelling downstairs.
At the time my sister was still pregnant. I was concerned, so I went downstairs, and he, my sister's boyfriend was totally drunk and out of control. I already thought he might get violent, he has a criminal record. Criminal mischief, getting into fights and such. Adding alcohol into the mix just spells trouble. Plus, when my sister first started dating him, she said she thought he drank to much. Now she says he doesn't have a drinking problem.

Why did I let them move in here. One day my sister calls me and says her boyfriend is in jail for non-payment of child support. (He didn't pay because he suspected that his ex was using the money to buy drugs. Who gives a shit, he has to support his kids and they are fed and clothed, she was getting the money from her parents, she had to get it somewhere, their daddy is a dead-beat loser.) The reason she called was because her living situation had become unbearable. Her boyfriend and his gay best friend (whom I think was/is in love with her boyfriend) had been fighting a lot lately. That morning in fact they came to blows. There was throwing things and fists and such. (Some more of the violent tendencies.) Her boyfriend had in fact thrown a full two liter bottle of soda at their house mate, leaving a dent in the mall. (Crazy right?) Well by her own admission her boyfriend had already been drinking that morning. He told his buddy to move out. Went so far as to throw his buddy's sofa out on the porch. Now that her boyfriend was in jail, she was concerned that she would not be able to make her bills. So silly me, I say move in with me, I have plenty of room. She then would not have to worry about his friend who might attack her. When we got to her place. To make sure she was okay that night, the house mate was outside on his sofa. We said, good evening. He said, go to hell. (NICE) These are the kind of people my sister is associating with still to this day.

Fast forward, about a week later, the boyfriend somehow gets out of jail. So my act of charity turns into an act of stupidity. The agreement between us, if he causes trouble, destroys things, throws things breaks things, he's out. I didn't want any of that mess that I saw at their apartment. Then the night I mentioned above happened. I totally freaked out. I was scared because I had never been around that before. I called my sister Judy. She's a lot more willing to say some of the things I won't say. She's kind of like my rock sometimes. Oh, and she lives across the street. I couldn't stop shaking all night, she stayed with me all night. The next day I could hardly function at work. It shook me that bad. I was nervous about him before. He's one of those people that always has the appearance of being drunk, you know like Ozzie Osborne. Now I was terrified. I went to my Grandma's house directly after work that day, and spoke with her. Then I stopped in at my house and realized he was there, and I was alone in the house with him. So I freaked out and went to my parents house. My Mom pretty much calls the shots. She said, give it another try. Blah blah blah. She means well but she wants to make everyone happy which is impossible.

There have been several occasions where we have gotten into verbal arguments. Many times he has said that he doesn't give a shit for anyone in Jennifer's family, he just has to take care of him and his kids. Uh, he was doing such a good job too. From the time they moved in here, last September until now, he was unemployed more often than not. Leaving Jennifer to pay for everything. Except she didn't. I've been paying all the utilities on this house. It's not a small house, it's not a big house, but it's an old house, it's drafty and it needs new windows and you lose a lot of heat in the winter. It costs a lot to heat it, especially when it has to be warm for the baby. For just me I'll keep it at 63 all winter, but with the baby, impossible. I wouldn't have stayed with someone who would disrespect my family so bad. My parents sat and talked with both of them, my father said that Barry (the loser) was not to drink while living in this house. Jennifer was not to buy him alcohol. He drank, she let him. One occasion, he drank an entire 750ml bottle of SKY VODKA. In one day. (Ewwww! Now you could go through a bottle of vodka in a day, if you are having a party.)What was so outrageous about it was that my boyfriend bought the bottle of vodka for my younger sister for her 21st birthday. She put it in my freezer, unopened, thinking it would be safe. Also she would most likely be drinking it here anyway. She went to retrieve it and it was all gone. When she had the opportunity to confront Jennifer about it, Jennifer said she drank it and she'd buy her a new one. Uh, right, lying for the loser. Why would she be drinking vodka when Barry was so inept in caring for the baby. One occasion when Jennifer and I were at work, Barry was watching the baby, my younger sister came over and was watching tv downstairs. She got there between 4 and 6 pm and stayed until 10pm. She said the baby cried the entire time. She heard no movement towards the baby. She heard Barry say shut the fuck up to the baby. She heard the tv volume upstairs go up so loud it was if she was in the room. Then Barry ran down the stairs into the kitchen, got a bottle out of the fridge and screamed, take it. When Jennifer was questioned about this she said it was her fault, she shouldn't have left the baby with him, he was tired. (What the?) I don't get it, he's the daddy, who cares if you are tired, that's neglect pure and simple.

Many more unpleasant times have occurred since he moved in here, like when he was in jail again, that was the best time, then he got out and damn it, it sucked worse. I saw alcohol around the house, not mine, I keep mine hidden in my room.
The last straw was when my Dad asked if he was drinking and I said I had no hard evidence. Came home to see a whole shelf of beer in the fridge. I took a picture and took it to my parents the next day. But not before taking all the beer out of the fridge, placing it on the floor and posting a sign saying he couldn't have beer in the fridge, it's my fridge, so there. The sign didn't say so there, but I have every right to say no to it. Especially since my parents, the landlords, both agreed, and got his word that he was not to drink. I came home that night and was shocked. He not only put the beer back, he put up a sign on the fridge door that said and this is exactly the note he wrote, punctuation and all, capitalization exactly what he wrote:

"Please Do not toucH my Stuff i dont toucH yours, you want to think im Drinking why dont you Count the Beers every day i dont talk to you please don't talk to me(my keyboard didn't come with an upside down exclamation point but he put two here) Thank you"

Yeah he's a genius. On top of his beer was a second note:

"You touck my Stuff(upside down exclamation point) Guess what im here all day, im going to touck yours,
Leave me alone"

He's clearly a moron. I'm not saying my grammer and spelling and all that is always perfect but an upside down exclamation point and he couldn't spell touch on the second note, and the capitalization, I would have laughed if he hadn't been threatening me.

Then wrote another note and placed it on there. I kept his notes, for evidence and immediately called my mommy. She was finally reasonable on the Barry subject. She'd say she'd tell them to move out. Which didn't exactly work, they are never going to leave. She said she would get Jennifer's assurance that he wouldn't mess with my things. I have a rather large Barbie collection in the house. None really valuable, yet anyway. Not to mention, my whole life is in this house. I've practically lived here my whole life. My mom promised me to call Jennifer right after getting off the phone with me. She must have, Jennifer came down and got the beer the next morning. I found my note in the garbage again, on it he scribbled:

"Baby Touch it see what happens Grow up"

Well, I was merely removing contraban from the refrigerator, Which in actuallity I didn't even have to let them use. Besides, he's the one that started so many petty fights because I looked at him funny. Or, I said "The." Or I said that ALF was a puppet. I can't get over the fact that he thought ALF was a dog.

So I talked to my mom again, and she agreed to let me move into their house. They have a room there they aren't using at the moment. I feel really good about this for me anyway. I'm nervous about what will happen to the house without me there to guard it. Unfortunately I won't have room for everything, like my stove and refrigerator.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the subject so if you are confused, just ask...

11 Comments:

  • At 11:42 PM, September 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey girl! I'm sorry that home life is getting that bad for you that you feel like you're being forced to leave. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you(if you need help moving or anything).

     
  • At 11:50 PM, September 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You just don't know good music when you hear it! We obviously have great tastes in music. Oooh, milkshakes that does sound good. That must be on the hit list. Ok, now you've been wanting me to come to your blog for a while now, and when i finally do you, you're calling me a STALKER! What do you want from me :).

     
  • At 7:37 AM, September 07, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I don't know, but where's that milkshake? I think I'll have to go there sometime this week....

     
  • At 7:37 AM, September 07, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    This is a warning, I know I usually only go with you but I will go without you.....boo hoo.....

     
  • At 11:46 AM, September 07, 2005, Blogger el said…

    That's a bad situation you've got there. Sucks that you're moving out of your own place. It would be a good idea to get that guy away from your sister as soon as possible, even if there is a baby. He sounds rather abusive to me, and more than likely he's not going to improve. Well, good luck with the move:)

     
  • At 9:34 PM, September 07, 2005, Blogger el said…

    I agree with sebastian in a way, he needs to be rid of. Its like women in your sister's situation are brain washed or something. Maybe I'm thinking too much of my own situation. Anyway, hope he will be out of your life soon enough. Art says that you don't need a trunk if his car has one.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, September 08, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    That's true........

     
  • At 7:48 PM, September 08, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    Your sister has low self esteem and therefore latches onto any man who shows her the slightest attention. Getting rid of the dumbass will be harder now that she's had a child by him, but by the sound of it she doesn't need him to raise the boy because he isn't doing dick now as it is.

     
  • At 7:25 AM, September 09, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Sebastian-That is exactly right, and therin lies the problem. She can't or won't see that about herself. To an extent she sees he doesn't take care of the baby properly because rather than leave the child with his daddy, she will leave it in our parents care. So at least he's safe for that time.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, September 14, 2005, Blogger tim said…

    white, get a man to kick the shyt out of him. that would satisfy your current needs. And poison would make a final correction to all your problems.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, September 15, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Ironically my boyfriend suggested that I poison some of the moron's food. I just don't want to touch the stuff. He eats weird backwood's redneck stuff. I don't even recognize some of the crap he brings into the house. I would categorize it as the waste product off the animal that the rest of us would throw away.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home