What, me worry?

Monday, August 08, 2005

First date

I've decided to share my dating experiences in a series of posts.

My first Date:
This is not the first time I was asked out, just the first time I didn't pretend that I hadn't heard the proposition. (that was a double negative, whoopsy!) In high school you do some weird things, I wasn't ready to date so yes, a couple times a guy asked me out and I kind of ignored it. When he asked me about it later I said I hadn't heard, but that's another post.

My first date was with a guy that I liked a lot, we had become really great friends, best friends even. He assumed we should take it to the next level and date, however, insecure me, blah blah blah, I thought it would ruin our friendship, and all the stuff like, why would he want to go out with me, I'll just ruin it, let's just be friends. I sabotaged the date even. I finally, after much coercing from my female friend, (she wanted to go out with his friend who didn't have a date and he would go out with her, would have been a total mercy date, she had no chance in hell with him.)I agreed to go. We were to go to the Christmas dance. Now, I had a dance phobia, dances sucked in jr high, why should high school be any different. I finally said, let's go see the movie "Alladin" instead. So we did. After that we didn't go out again but were just friends. I was too scared at the time that I would mess it all up. We did like the movie, nothing exciting happened on the date, we were 15 for goodness sake, just a movie and dinner.

Anyway, that was my first date. I'll get my first ex-boyfriend up in a day or two.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger tim said…

    that wasn't very exciting at all,,, i thought it would get juicy. Well, hopefully your first boyfriend story gets real good.

    later
    tim

     
  • At 8:42 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Jessica said…

    My first boyfriend's name was Justin and he was my best friend in 8th grade. His stupid-ass idea of a first date was having me and my chick friends over to his house and then we went to the skating rink. He never even tried to kiss me! I was sooo pissed. We had been best friends for years and then he went and ruined it by asking me to be his girlfriend. We went out a couple months and then I broke up with him and he cried at school right in front of everyone. I should have waited to break up with him, he was going to give me a Tales From The Crypt (Cryptkeeper)Doll for Christmas. I've always wanted that damn doll! Since then, I REFUSE to date any of my guy friends!

     
  • At 1:43 AM, August 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we've been waiting for your first boyfriend post, don't let us wait any longer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home