What, me worry?

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Traffic

How many times did I nearly die yesterday?
I'd say about as many as any other day. I actually count how many some days. You know, the cars that pull out that shouldn't have that you nearly hit because they were too impatient to wait 2 seconds. Or the cars that want to be in your lane only to turn immediately after cutting you off. I hate people sometimes. They are in too much of a hurry to get places sometimes and I'd rather get somewhere than sit in my car behind some dude going too slow too but people cutting in on top of that really brings out my road rage. So much that I have to get in the next lane and speed up to get around them giving them a good fist shaking on the way. Or sometimes I give them the glare.
The other thing I've noticed lately is the bicycle riders who don't seem to know that there are laws they should be abiding by too. The traffic laws are not just limited to cars. Bicycles are included. And yet they think they can cross when they want when I'm coming down the street towards them when I have the light? Hah! Or ride against traffic, or on the side walk? The sidewalk thing is because I was walking downtown the other day and had to move because of a bicycle nearly running me down.

So anyway, I probably nearly died in 5 firey car crashes yesterday and mowed down about 10 bicyclers.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM, July 15, 2005, Blogger tim said…

    I was driving home about 9:00 last night and almost hit a young girl/lady on a bicycle head on. I almost had a heartattack.

     
  • At 7:26 AM, July 15, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I'm sure bicyclers are more abundant in Japan. I just happened to notice them lately because the weather is nice so lots of people are riding them. Ironically about a half an hour after I wrote this post I was nearly run over a bicycler on the sidewalk. I didn't know he was there or coming he just rushed by me nearly hitting me. I mean come on, I don't have eyes in the back of my head!

    Tim- That's the other thing. A lot of them will ride at night and not wear any reflective clothing. They're just asking to be hit.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, July 15, 2005, Blogger Art said…

    I say if someone chooses to ride at night, withoug a helmet or protective gear, then I can't be responsible for what happens. Maybe I'm callous, but what ever happened to natural selection? Those of us too careless or stupid to live, don't survive long enough to reproduce. I can't complain too much about traffic in San Antonio though. Compared to Miami this place doesn't have any. Of course maybe it's not so much the traffic in Miami as the fact that they give a license to people who are (in some cases) legally dead.

     
  • At 4:03 AM, July 18, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    Yeah, and the other day when I sped up and hit this guy on a bike and then backed over him to make sure he was dead and...um, I'm going to be quiet now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home