What, me worry?

Thursday, June 30, 2005

20 BELOW

We just got a newsletter from the building managers of my building saying starting in August there will be no smoking in this building. Until this was a smoking building. I'm happy because somebody down the hall smokes some really rank cigarettes that make me ill when I smell the smoke.

I was just thinking about this heat....I heard a radio DJ this morning say as bad as it is outside isn't it still better than 20 below zero? To which I think to myself, lets be honest here, I was in my car so I said out loud as if I was having a conversation with my radio, no I'd rather 20 below zero for the simple fact that at 20 below, I can put layer after layer of clothing on until I am warm....but if it's scorching hot, humidity high, generally miserable.....there are only so many articles of clothing I can take off in public before I get arrested...Personally I would rather live somewhere where it is always in the 50 to 75 degree range....that would be glorious.

20 below makes me think of smokers for some reason....I'm thinking, ok, it's 20 below, snowing, wind blowing like crazy, but you can't smoke inside pretty near anywhere anymore except at home, but here you have a habit that forces you to bundle up and stand in a blizzard for a fix....just doesn't sound too fun.....

4 Comments:

  • At 1:13 AM, July 01, 2005, Blogger joe said…

    I am offended by your insensitive comments about smoking! Hate-monger!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, July 01, 2005, Blogger el said…

    I agree, I'd rather be in the cold. Its really hot down here... I'm near Houston,Tx, if you know where that is. Its too hot in Southeast Texas to stay outside for too long. Its times like these that I really miss skiing.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, July 02, 2005, Blogger Jessica said…

    All I know is I definately f-ing agree with you right now. I just got back to San Antonio from Amarillo and our air conditioner is broken. San Antonio is scorching hot and humid. The humidity is what really kills you. Anyways, it is so hot upstairs in my house I could pass out right now. My parents said they are going to rent us hotel rooms for today and tomorrow since we can't get our air conditioner fixed till Tuesday. Dammit! Good thing my friends and me are going to catch a movie right now. If it gets hot always retreat the the movie theater where it's always ice cold. :)

     
  • At 7:35 AM, July 05, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Uh, the question was 20 below or 100 plus degrees, not 20 below or 20 above....can't you read. Perhaps I should have said Farenheit of Celcius but I just took for granted that people at my blog would know where I was from and just know Farenheit silly me...You can keep you Celcius and simple measurements with yourself in Japan I like mine hard and complicated.....
    And Joe, it was like for instance...not all smokers are dumbasses just one smoker and you know that's not what I meant. You must be a smoker or a liberal. Or something Why else would you be taking up for smokers.....

    I don't know how you Texans do it. It's a beautiful state, I love it, I've been there, but I wouldn't want to live there, it's too freakin' hot!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home