What, me worry?

Saturday, May 28, 2005

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

I missed putting up my CARB DAY post. WHOOPS!
Ok, so yesterday was Carb Day, and that has nothing to do with ATKINS. Unless you are talking about the excess amount of carbs in all of the beer and other alcoholic beverages consumed at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway yesterday.
Anyway this is what I'm talking about when I say the craziness of race month.
Target is doing this stunt with a race car. On the side of one of the buildings downtown they have placed a race car. Yes, dangling from the top of the building on the west side of the building on the northeast corner of Pennsylvania and Ohio, is an actual race car. 3 times a day 3 stuntmen run down the building to the car, one climbs in the car while the other two do a pretend pitt stop on the car. Then the 2 outside of the car run the rest of the way down the building and the 3rd gets out of the car and does the same. It's true, I went out at lunch and saw it Thursday. It's so crazy!
Meanwhile preparations for the Parade were going on all around, curbs being painted, bleachers being assembled on the sidewalks. All the while a Memorial Day Ceremony was going on on Monument Circle keeping the cars out yesterday. Which is great people love to have lunch on the Circle but the cars are a nuisance. (I've never understood why anyone would want to drive around it. One time a friend of mine and I were downtown to see the Christmas lights and got stuck in the middle of the Circle because some people have nothing better to do on a Saturday night than drive around the Circle over and over again, this is an actual past time. We watched them for quite some time, seeing the same people drive around and around. Luckily she used to drive a horse and carriage downtown, so she knew one of the drivers that used her carriage to help us cross the street blocking traffic. Those things have the right of way, who would try and run over a horse? Monsters!) Anyway, all the activity brought many more people to Qudoba than usual so our plan to have lunch there was tharted, so we went to Panda Express who oddly didn't have many customers at all and it was noon awesome, probably people were off yesterday and the people on the circle didn't know it was there. It was cool to see all the dudes in their uniforms on the Circle though. And the jets flying over head, so you can't hear yourself think. Weird.

Anyway, I'm staying away from downtown like I said though. Even though I got my car back from Goodyear yesterday and do have a car for the weekend. Yeah! I have a complaint on that front but I'll save that for another time, maybe later.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:14 AM, May 29, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    No yaki they are now charging for all seats. Along the parade route people have been complaining about it. And I do enjoy Danica Patrick in the race and that is it. Its just guys driving around a track and one hot chick.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, May 29, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Gee, if you wanted to see the parade so badly, they also televised it. It was on in the evening yesterday. To me that's the best seat, crowd free.
    As far as charging for all seats, I don't know.
    As far as the race goes, I like it because it brings so much money into the city. It's a tradition here, and the activity is fun. Do I go, no. I sometimes put it in the background, and listen to hear who wins.

    I hope this is the year a Woman will win and I think Ms. Patrick has the stuff.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, May 29, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    The race touched me in places I would rather not discuss. You know those places where dirty old Japanese men touch you. I can't stop crying myself to sleep. And they charge all seats I wrote the first one did some research and found they were charging for all seats. I don't care who wins I just hop Danica wins and does the ripping off the shirt thing she's hot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home