What, me worry?

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Losers

This has been on my mind a lot lately because I see it so much where I live. I can't understand why an intelligent young woman would date a giant loser. By loser, I mean someone who blames all his problems on everyone and everything around him. Generally all around will not handle his own business(pay bills and such, child support) unless forced, even if it means getting locked up in jail. Self-centered and rude. Basically, just plain sucks, literally and figuratively.

This has gotten me kind of reflective on my own life causing me to look back on all my friendships both boyfriends and friends in general. I can't think of any that would fall under this category. I would never date or even associate with someone that couldn't handle their business unless I had to because my sister or brother was dating/married to them. Luckily my brother, who is married, did not marry a loser, she's focused and knows what she wants, which is fabulous for him because he is the same way. My other brother has never brought home a loser either. My older sister, now that's another story.

Her boyfriend now is a real jerk. Did he fill out his own job applications? No, he did not. She did it for him. Did he go out and actively search for a job? No, he only went because my sister took him. Kind of makes it look like he's only even gotten a job because she made him. Otherwise he'd be happy to just sit around on his butt and do nothing. Not to mention the fact that they have a new born baby. I have heard him on numerous occasions yell at my nephew to shut up. On one occasion when my sister was at work the baby started crying at 6:30pm and did not stop crying until my sister returned home at 10:00pm. He never came down to the kitchen to get a bottle, I never heard a sound out of that room except the crying. Just recently Tammy_Tyree was here at my house while my sister and I were at work and he was watching the baby upstairs. She told me that she was here for more than 5 hours and the baby cried the whole time. He repeatedly yelled at the baby to shut up, and he yelled shut the fuck up. Eventually he turned up the TV so loud that she could hear it perfectly clearly. At one point she said that he came downstairs for a bottle and when he got back up there she heard him yell at the baby, TAKE IT. TAKE THE DAMN BOTTLE. Ironically I heard him say a couple weeks ago when his other two children were over, he had to chase away a neighbor kid because he didn't want people cursing around his children.

Don't even get me started on his drinking. Now don't get me wrong, I like to have a drink every now and then. Tammy_Tyree and I have thrown back a few together. But I don't get people just sitting around alone drinking, Or people that have to drink every day. Wouldn't that make a person an alcoholic? If they drink all the time, alone or not, hiding alcohol and such around. Tammy_Tyree just turned 21 last month so my boyfriend bought her a bottle of Sky Vodka. She put it in my freezer, unopened. We were going to have a couple of cocktails one night, and the bottle was gone. I knew it was there the day before. Who drinks an entire bottle of vodka in one night? Just one person, not a party of people. It was the loser and my sister covered for him. Truth be told I would have went off on her. He isn't supposed to be drinking, I'm scared of what my happen if he is drinking, he's an angry drunk with a criminal record. Now all it is , is drunk driving, but he has gotten belligerent before, bar fights and criminal mischief. This house belongs to my parents, my Dad said he didn't want him drinking. If he did, he'd be on the street.

I just don't get it, I've reflected on my upbringing, we have the same parents, we should have learned the same values, but I guess we each interpreted it differently.
But looking back on my boyfriends once again, not a single one is or was a loser at any time. Some of them might not have treated me the way I thought I deserved to be treated but I repaid that in kind. I don't hold anything against them, and I feel justified in dating everyone of them, because all of them are worthwhile, intelligent people.

I was hoping maybe someone could explain, I don't get it.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    One can only assume that since there are no comments, that I am completly right, he is a complete loser and there is no reason for someone to stay with someone like him.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger Jewel said…

    Thank you for commenting on my work. This seems like a bad situation your sister has gotten herself into and it is great that you are concerned about her and her childs well being.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    No one commented not because we agree but aren't close enough to the situation to know it. I try not to judge anybody and just smakc them around with sarcastic remarks none malicious. I'd have to know both people extremly well to give an opinion.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, May 24, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    jewelz- you're welcome, and thanks.

    nixon- I'm not looking for judgement, but clarity, I the question was put forth (round about though it might have been) Why would a person choose another person such as this? No judgement is involed really on the part of the people who choose to answer. I you have no opinion, that's your problem and you don't need to post. If you treat it hypothetically, like what if it was your sister, your nephew/neice, what would you do how would you feel? It doesn't matter if you don't have a sister with children, it's hypothetical in the case of the reader to make it relate to them. But perhaps you didn't think of it that way. Besides for me it was comforting to think that people agreed with me and now you took it away, thank you so much, I shall go play in traffic now.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    nixon- For me it's not hypothetical. You're not big on empathy, are you. If you don't want to discuss it, don't comment.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, May 26, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Jessica- Yes he helps no one. Unfortunately she is blinded, by love? EEEWW! But I think she will have to come to the loser conclusion herself. Tammy_Tyree and I have discussed the treatment of the baby with her and she has said she doesn't like him yelling at the baby, "he just doesn't do well with babies" she says but she thinks he's great with his other kids. To which I said nothing because in my opinion he does them a dis-service when he doesn't correct them when they misbehave. Feeling guilty for not being around them is no reason to let them behave badly.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, May 28, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I don't think she's going to let him watch him much anymore.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, May 31, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    I've met this guy and he is a total loser. He is only using whitechoclatespacegg's sister for her money, but once that's gone he's out the door. The only reason she is still with him is because she has low self esteem and falls instantly in love with any man who shows her the time of day. And this guy doesn't need to be bringing kids into the world if he's no good with them. Raising a child is a huge responsibility and if he isn't up to it then he needs to be castrated.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, May 31, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Too true.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home