What, me worry?

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT AND OTHER STUFF

-So, I watched "Last House on the Left." This movie has been on my to watch someday list for quite some time but I've just never bothered until now. So I obtained a copy and sat down to watch it with my older sister. All we can say is, "GAH?"
It seems to be a highly confused movie. It don't know if it is a horror movie or a comedy. The music tends to say that it is a comedy, but the things that happen aren't funny. It's almost as though Wes Craven is making light of a terrifying situation that could actually happen. I knew what the movie was about when I got it. I hadn't actually seen it before though. By far it is not Wes Craven's best work.

-One of my little sister's graduated from high school on Sunday, HOORAY for her.

- Race month is in full swing. Preparations for the 500 Festival Parade are in full swing. They are currently assembling the bleachers on the sidewalks for those who wish to pay for seats. Needless to say downtown is not where I will be this weekend because of the parade it will be insane, I hate crowds.

-The other thing to create more mayhem downtown this weekend is that The Indianapolis Zoo is re-opening the dolphin pavilion. They re-built the exhibit adding an underwater dolphin dome and the Marsh Dolphin Theater. If you are curious you can view pictures and read about it here: (just cut and paste, try it, you'll like it)

http://www.indyzoo.com/content.aspx?cid=743

This exhibit opens Saturday, the parade is Saturday, and the Zoo is just on the west end of downtown. So crazy amount of people downtown this weekend, I will be planning on staying away.

I guess that's enough stuff for now.

11 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    Last House on the Left is total crap but you gotta love that annoying sheriff doing his best Elmer Fudd.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    Love the sheriff hate the movie. Like I hate this blog. Although I thought it funny when she bit that guy's dick off. It isn't supposed to be funny. The Sheriff and Deputy are supposed to be. The reasoning behind them said by Craven himself, that a movie so dark would have to be broken by light humor to give relief from the despair and ugliness. Craven isn't a great filmmaker a good one maybe. He's done three good films I can think of Serpent and the Rainbow, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Scream. New Nightmare is okay even too. He is far from anything special.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger WAMINGO PUBLISHING said…

    He's just a simple man making his way in the galaxy.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    What the hell are you talking about?

     
  • At 4:11 AM, May 26, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    Utter crap that one is. Its a mess of a movie. Ving Rhames is very good in it though. Film though totally crap.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, May 26, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I like "People Under the Stairs," it is a lot less of a mess than "Last House on the Left." He obviously had a bigger budget. There are too many hilarious lines in this film to hate it.

     
  • At 1:25 PM, May 26, 2005, Blogger Jessica said…

    Well, I loved Serpent and the Rainbow. Suprisingly, none of my friends have seen it, but i loved it. I thought the Nightmare on Elm Streets were awesome but then again horror movies are my favorite genre so I like most of them. I have to admit that I dont still enjoy Scream that much but at the time I was really into it.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, May 26, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Nightmare on Elm Street is fabulous, II sucks, III and IV alright, V what the f...!, VI don't care, um how many are there?
    I did think the New Nightmare was a little scary. Freddy vs. Jason was a joke, but then I hate Jason. Everyone knows Michael Myers is THE MAN. Well, old Mikey boy and Pinhead of course.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, May 26, 2005, Blogger Jessica said…

    Yeah, I did like the one Jason movie where the chick had telekinetic powers though. It was corny but hey, I liked it for some weird reason. I think Pinhead is the ultimate MAN. You know what movie rocks though, is that movie Cube. That Cube movie was so cool. Although the following ones just confused me. I can't believe no one has seen Necronomicon. That movie was kick ass!

     
  • At 9:00 PM, May 26, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    The telekenetic Jason was great and Pinhead up till two was cool. And it has nothing to do with minorities, and everything to do with a boring ass script. Last House on the Left is the worst he made. He's just not a great director he's a passable director.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, May 28, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    jawsome- I'm glad someone read the whole post.

    Jason is a little bitch boy.
    Nobody said Wes Craven was a genius, here anyway. I was just giving some of his movies a little look-see.

    CUBE is great. Hyper-Cube is a Sci-Fi origional, need I say more, while it's ok, it's a little more outlandish. I love the infinite possibility thing, where there are many of different people because the cube transcends time? It was worth a watch, and I'd probably watch it again. And I haven't seen the third yet.

    I stand by my like for People Under the Stairs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home