What, me worry?

Monday, June 06, 2005

taking life back

Ok, so step one:

Cancel utilities.

-This morning I did something very empowering, I cancelled my phone line. Now, I did this one, because 90% of the calls I get are from bill collectors and not for me. They are my sister's creditors, or her uber retarded boyfriend's (stress on boy) extra-uber retarded family.
Every now and then my Mommy will call or one of my sister's but not so often does that happen we aren't very phone centered.

-The other reason I did this is, I have been having trouble making my bills having the el retardo family not paying me much of anything. Not long ago my sister's boyfriend, I shall call him, Mr. Retardo, was in jail, for not paying child support, again. So of course while he was in jail, he had to talk to my sister every day. Couldn't go a single day without talking to her. The agreement was that they at least pay the collect charges on the phone, or else the phone line would be disconnected. I don't think they believed me. They paid the first one, then this months bill came, first one was $63 which somehow she paid, this one was $57, (amount is collect charges alone). First she says, I thought I paid you for those, so I had to explain to the simpleton that the phone bill runs from the 15th to the 15th, and he was still making calls for a week after the bill was paid. So finally when the bill for the second set of charges were coming due, She gives me $30!!!!!
So I say that the collect charges are for $57 and she says that she needs money for gas and some other stuff. I make some disappointed sound, and she says, and I quote "I can't give you my whole check!" So I say, good one, I was wondering what I would tell the phone company when I can't pay the bill, I think I'll tell all the utilities that. And she stormed off and she hasn't talked to me since and that was Friday afternoon.

-There are other examples of them charging things to my phone bill but That would make this post really lengthy. Lets just say, Mr. Retardo signed up for some service on the internet that answers the phone while you are on line which is totally retarded because I have cable internet! DUHHH!

Any way, I was at the end of my tether. I needed to take back some control. Not that I'm controlling (anymore?) I just want to live and let live, Silly me I think people should pay for what they use and not use what they can't pay for. I've been threatening to shut stuff off for a long time so now maybe they will believe that I will. After all everything is in my name. She couldn't give me anymore money because she was just looking out for her, That's all I'm doing, only I'm looking out for me.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, June 06, 2005, Blogger Jessica said…

    Well, you did the right thing. I mean you shouldn't be expected to pay for stuff you didn't use just because it's in your name. I just had a $100 phone bill because I didn't realize my friend who lives here has a cell phone from San Diego so they were charging me long distance every time I called them. It's my fault for not realizing it so I payed for it but I was sooo pissed off. At least you won't be getting anymore crazy phone bills anymore.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, June 11, 2005, Blogger joe said…

    Would you please post something about all the different signs you see while driving down the road? Not just traffic signs...but storefront signs as well. I would find that utterly fascinating.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, June 14, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Are you happy now, signs signs, everywhere signs blocking out the scenery breakin' my mind, do this don't do that can't you read the signs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home