What, me worry?

Monday, June 27, 2005

OG

I finally saw the movie Andrew LLoyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera. I have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to this film, what with Joel Schumacher involved. Especially with his ruining of the whole BATMAN movie franchise. Thank God they made him STOP!!! I was pleasantly suprised to find that it wasn't bad. I actually liked it. I thought that Gerard Butler did a fantastic job as the Phantom in his non-Michael Crawfordness. However I thought it was hilarious that Emmy Rossum didn't pronouce Raoul's name properly although otherwise her performance was great. My sisters and I think however that the part of Raoul could have been played by someone more attractive, we liked the Phantom better and were rooting for him. Even though we knew the story and that Christine could never end up with the Phantom, his actions were selfishly motivated. The best thing he did for her was let her go. That was his ultimate act of selflessness.

I love musicals (I know, I like a lot of weird stuff don't I?) I'm glad that they are making a comeback now. Maybe they'll make PIPPIN. Over my dead body!! (As if I have a say in the matter)

8 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, June 27, 2005, Blogger Jessica said…

    I absolutely LOVED this film. I agree with you on that guy should have been more attractive. I just rented Cursed yesterday and I'm about to watch it right now. I've heard the movie sucks ass but I don't care. I love werewolf movies! I like zombie movies too. I know we've already discussed Land of The Dead but damn, it was cool. Of course vampire movies are still my absolute favorite type of scary movies. They are never scary but I just LOVE vampires. The vampire from Dracula 2000 was sooo hot! And although Queen of the Damned wasn't the best movie I still loved Stuart Townsend playing Lestat. He could have acted better in it but he couldn't have been hotter that's for sure.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, June 27, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I haven't seen Cursed yet myself, let me know what you think, although I will probably see it anyway. I did watch all three Ginger Snaps movies you know....
    I have to agree, Stuart Townsend was a great Lestat...SO DAMN HOT!!!
    He brought what Tom Cruise couldn't bring to the role, cause, I don't think Tom Cruise is hot.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, June 28, 2005, Blogger Jessica said…

    Well, Cursed was a semi-letdown. It reminded me of a teeni-bopper movie. You would have thought Wes Craven would have done a better job. Who knew...The werewolves looked ridiculous and I think they were more cheesy than scary. That is for sure! As far as Tom Cruise goes, I don't think he's very hot at all either. I found him attractive in Interview with the Vampire but I havn't found him hot in one other movie since.

     
  • At 5:53 AM, June 30, 2005, Blogger Jay said…

    Cool, I can't wait to pick it up. I somehow missed all the movies I intended to see over the Christmas holidays...what was I doing? I saw the musical when I was 9, and I wonder if it will have changed at all for me since then!

     
  • At 11:16 AM, June 30, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I don't know what you were doing over Christmas, or me for that matter, because I didn't see it then either. But if you liked the musical when you were 9, you'll probably like this movie, I don't know, you might not like it now... The movie is awesome now, it has some beautiful transitions.

     
  • At 2:22 AM, July 01, 2005, Blogger joe said…

    I heard Schumacher was going to have the Phantom dress in a Slim Good Body out fit and make him wear the prop-penis attachement from Boogie Nights as well.

    Speaking of Vampire movies...Schumacher did make a good one-Lost Boys. Still no word on a release date for Dracula v.s. Hitler. Damn I am so looking forward to that one!

     
  • At 7:24 AM, July 01, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Heh, heh....Thank god Schumacher didn't do that though I don't believe for a second that even he could be that cruel...Perhaps you could see that in a Michael Bey film?

    Lost Boys is awesome...OH Kieffer... And Dracula vs. Hitler should be fun...However I'm not seeing any buzz for it myself.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, July 01, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Damn, I meant BAY

     

Post a Comment

<< Home