What, me worry?

Monday, July 18, 2005

Should have gone to the Zoo on Saturday.

I had the opportunity to go to the Indianapolis Zoo on Saturday, but I did not go, I kind of slept in and by the time I got up I had time to get there, but not to dress in outside clothes. I'm not one to go to the zoo in my sleep wear.

Apparently my younger sister made a comment about not liking emu's. I can see why, I've never liked them much myself, but that doesn't mean I'm happy to hear that Sunday morning a pack of wild dogs, not the wild dogs from the zoo mind you, but wild dogs from off the street, including two black swans, three magpie geese and three emus. Emus are flightless, and zoo officials said the others had had their wings clipped so they could not fly. Police arrived and used shotguns to kill four -- three male Labrador-chow mixes and a female terrier mix -- after efforts to corral them failed. An adult male pit bull was captured with a wire noose, and a sixth dog had not yet been captured late Sunday.

Uh, the owners should they come forward face a hefty fine, but if they were my dogs, boy would my face be red.

Anyway, poor birdies.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM, July 19, 2005, Blogger Jessica said…

    That sucks! It is sad that they are dead but then again nothing freaks me out more than dead birds. When I was 12 my bird died and I didn't understand death yet as I had never known anyone or anything to have died. So, during the night I thought I heard my parakeet making noise out in the backyard in the box we had buried it in. So, I went out and dug it up. What I saw when I dug it up, it was rotted with maggots, mentally scarred me for life I think. So, now that I'm older I have an aversion towards birds. Birds gross me out! I actually think it is more sad that they shot the dogs. It isn't their fault that their owner is a dumbass.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, July 20, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    I mostly just think birds shouldn't get that big, it's freakish.
    I see your point about the dogs.
    They were probably hungry and just doing what wild animals do, hunting. I thought actually shooting the dogs was a bit harsh. I think they let their emotions for the birds dictate how to handle the dogs. Actually I was thinking it was good that it happened in the early morning time, not during the day, you know when kids would be threatened, oh, and adults too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home