What, me worry?

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Vacations

This year I've decided that instead of taking an actual vacation, I will take several mini-vacations.

I don't know what some of them will be but the first happened on Tuesday.

My younger sisters and I took a day trip to Paramount's Kings Island. We had a great time except for the fact that we went in the middle of the heat wave. We didn't have long just until 3pm central time. We pretty much stayed in one area of the park. So we could get in as much ride time as possible and very little walk time. We hit most of the newest attractions such as: Face Off, Drop Zone, Italian Job, and some of my old Favorites, Like Flight of Fear. Flight of Fear was hyped up big time when it was opened, and I believe the entire name for the ride was Outer Limits Flight of Fear. It opened up less than ten years ago. The interesting thing about the ride is it is a roller coaster that is totally indoors, oh and on as hot a day as Tuesday was, it was really cool because you get to wait in an air conditioned building for the ride. It's set up like a Flying saucer in a hanger, uh, you know, AREA 51. When my two sister's hadn't been on the ride saw the train take off, the youngest, Jax, had a look on her face like, HOLY CRAP! It was funny, she asked if it went that fast the whole time, of course I said yes. After the ride she said it was the ride that was the scariest for her. My favorite is the roller coaster, I love the trill and the death defying stuff. The great thing is none of my sisters could tell when I was scared or not, I'm a screamer, I scream from the time the ride takes off to when we pull back into get off. Hah! Well a good time was had by all.

My next trip, most likely will be to see the Monroeville Mall in Pennsylvania. Now if you think that sounds silly, you must not know what it is. Anyone that's been reading my blog knows I'm a huge zombie movie fan. My favorite is the origional version of "Dawn of the Dead," which was filmed in an actual mall. That is correct, I will be visiting the mall the movie was filmed in. I know it doesn't look the same, the Ice Skating rink is gone, all that stuff, but, I will be there. That's the cool thing. I also understand that taking pictures inside the mall is against some unspoken rule in the mall, but that will be okay with me, as long as I get a shot of myself outside, which I am told looks very much the same. I will be taking this trip with one of my sisters who is also a big fan of the film. We thought it only proper to share the experience with someone who would truly enjoy it instead of going with people who wouldn't care.

Uh, it's almost time for Big Brother 6 and it's getting really good, I mean that Eric guy looked like he was going to kill somebody on Saturday's episode, I hope he gets voted out........

Oh, and the "Rent" trailer if available for viewing...Yeah!!!

10 Comments:

  • At 12:51 AM, July 29, 2005, Blogger joe said…

    AIDS! Everyone has AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! AIDS!

     
  • At 7:36 AM, July 29, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    uh....yeah....Eric got voted off of Big Brother 6! Yippee!

     
  • At 12:23 PM, July 29, 2005, Blogger joe said…

    Could he pay the rent? Did he have AIDS? Or could he not pay the rent because he had AIDS?

     
  • At 9:33 AM, July 30, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    No, they have Big Brother 6 because of the encouragement of people who pay for the live web feed, which I don't and also because shows like this are less costly and easier to get on the air in a fast pace than a scripted show. I'm not defending my reality tv watching again, so piss off. Besides, Cop Rock was hilarious...

     
  • At 5:51 PM, July 30, 2005, Blogger Jessica said…

    I've never even watched the first Big Brother! Nor do I know what Cop Rock is. Ever since I got all the HBOs I only watch HBO shows. I think I'm just too lazy to scan around all my channels looking for other shows. Plus those damn HBOs always have on something cool that hooks me and then I can't stop watching. I just watched Empire Records on one earlier. Dammit, they never show Carnivale on it enough though. I don't have anything against reality t.v., it is just not my taste. I like some shows, but I'm not mentally organized enough to tune in at a certain time each week. I always forget! That's why movies work better for my dumbass I suppose.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, July 31, 2005, Blogger tim said…

    OOOOOOH, Carnivale, How many seasons are out now? I think I'm gonna get it.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, August 01, 2005, Blogger erl said…

    where in PA?

     
  • At 7:22 PM, August 01, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Jessica- I've never seen Carnivale because I don't have HBO. What is it about?

    Erl- I'm so glad someone read the rest of my post! Here is the address to the mall: 100 Mall Blvd
    Monroeville, PA 15146-2210, USA
    And here is the web-site: http://www.monroevillemall.com/shop/monroeville.nsf
    It appears to be very near Pittsburgh. We think we might take the trip in 2 days.

     
  • At 2:03 AM, August 07, 2005, Blogger Jessica said…

    It's too complicated to really explain it all. But it is about this dude (Nick Stahl)who goes around working for a carnivale. He has special powers too! It is very supernaturally based and totally addicting to watch. Tim, I have no idea how many are out and I know my broke ass couldn't afford them but I wish I could. For now I just have to surf around the HBO's and look for one that is on.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, November 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "No Charge Online Advertising Channels For Any Business"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home