What, me worry?

Friday, February 10, 2006

Missing in Action

Alright, I've been missing again. So what happened this time.

Well, Tuesday morning I was getting ready for work. As I walked back down the stairs to my room I was attacked by an area rug, or I stepped, perhaps one would say, mis-stepped, lost my footing and fell down. My foot turned one way and it wasn't supposed to bend that way, I fell down, heard a pop, and immediatly began screaming. It was obvious I wasn't going to walk on it though I tried. I hobbled into my room and could feel my ankle swell up to about the size of a watermelon. So I hopped out of my room so I could get to the phone, I crawled up the stairs. Luckily my Mom is walking quite well without crutches these days, she left one in the dining room, I crawled to it. I somehow stood up and used the crutch to get to the other end of the house.

When I got there I picked up the phone and called my boyfriend. To my dismay he wasn't in the office yet. His cell was off. So I called my sister and her cell was in the room I was in, and not with her. I saw a number by the phone that said, Jill, by it. This is my other sister's name, she just got a phone in the house she just moved into. I called the number. Answering machine? DAMN!!! So I left a message, I was still sobbing in pain, cause it hurt like a bitch....Anyway, Judy, called me this is the sister I was trying to reach, she lives with Jill. I hang up and she immediately calls back. So anyway, she came, took me to the hospital and supplied me with a second crutch, because conveniently enough she keeps one in her car.

The prognosis was that I both sprained and fractured my ankle. So I've been sleeping on a recliner all week and haven't been to work. I eventually got a hold of my boyfriend. We work at the same place, he's actually my boss, he said not to come in.
Wednesday he came over here and brought me flowers, roses, and a silly little stuffed gorilla. Which brought tears to my eyes, however that might have been the pain....

Anyway, I'll be around.....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home