What, me worry?

Saturday, April 09, 2005

FINALLY

A breath of fresh air.
What--ever!
I got some time to myself. None of my sisters are here! I'm totally alone. Yeah!
I like being alone sometimes. I guess everyone does.
The weird thing is they have giant snake movies on all day on Sci-Fi and I have no interest in them. Shocked and amazed am I, I even turned of the t.v. Of course the fact that I've seen all of them a number of times has nothing to do with it. Um of course it does.

So here I am blowing some time on the internet. I could be doing something worthwhile like reading, hmmmm reading. I guess maybe I could. My head kind of hurts
which makes it difficult to read so I was doing some research.
I found some interesting things out, well I hope for them to come true. There is a rumor that there could possibly maybe be a movie based on 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street' the Steven Soundheim Broadway Musical. That would be cool. The trouble would be the proper casting for this film. I hear Hugh Jackman is interested in a part. Huh? He's a little young to be Sweeney Todd if you ask me, so if this is the part he wants, I have to say, Gah?. I'm sorry, George Hearn will always be Sweeney Todd for me. Angela Lansbury is now too old to be Mrs. Lovett. I think Patti Lupone is the best choice for this part, She's done it, familiar with the material is a very good thing. It's a hard musical. I've seen Neil Patrick Harris as Tobias, he was suprisingly good in this role. I don't want to get ahead of myself, I don't even know if it's gonna happen, just hope.

I'm pretty excited that they are actually making a movie based on the Broadway Musical, 'Rent' and have most of the original Broadway cast signed on to be in it. This is great. Here is the Cast:

Rosario Dawson .... Mimi Marquez
Matthew Dickens .... Bohemian
Taye Diggs .... Benjamin "Benny" Coffin III
Mackenzie Firgens .... April
Wilson Jermaine Heredia .... Angel Schunard
Aaron Lohr .... Steve
Jesse L. Martin .... Thomas B. "Tom" Collins
Idina Menzel .... Maureen Johnson
Adam Pascal .... Roger Davis
Anthony Rapp .... Mark Cohen
Jennifer Siebel .... Alison Grey
Tracie Thoms .... Joanne Jefferson
Wayne Wilcox .... Gordon

If you will notice, Mimi Marquez will be played by Rosario Dawson. At first I didn't know how this would go, then I saw 'Sin City' and wasn't worried. Also Joanne Jefferson is played by Tracie Thomas. These two obviously are not from the original cast. The other thing is they cast the parts of Alison and April who weren't actually in the production, just mentioned. I'm looking forward to this, hopefully they won't muck it up.

Anyway, I'm getting hungry.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:48 AM, April 10, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    Sorry hit the button twice by anger or maybe I mean everything double.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, April 11, 2005, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Yaki Boy- Now that you mention it, I've always thought it would be great to do a remake of 'Conan the Barbarian' and cast Scott Thompson as Valeria and still use Arnold as Conan since secretly he is Conan and Terminator all rolled into one. Of course it would be in black and white is there any other way?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home