What, me worry?

Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Fire

part I

Everyone is blind.
They constantly chatter, mindlessly.
I listen to the chatter
Eventually I block it out.
Left with no companion but myself.
I am not a good companion.

Everyone is blind.
They see nothing except what they choose to see.
They do not see the world burning.
It is going up in flames as they continue to babble.
The smoke begins to choke me and I cannot breathe.
I die before their eyes but they do not see.

Everyone is deaf.
I speak but no one hears me speaking.
They continue to chatter mindlessly because
they cannot hear me coughing and wheezing.
I am begging for help.
They do not hear.

Everyone is deaf.
I begin to cry because the smoke hurts my eyes.
They cannot hear my sobs
because they are mindlessly chattering.
Deafening themselves.
The fire burns and melts away my skin.

Everyone is blind and deaf.
They do not see me jumping out of the window.
They do not hear the glass shattter
as I crash through it and
plummet to my death
without a trace.

Everyone is deaf and blind.
I never stood a chance.
People mindlessly chatter and
they do not hear the
screams of pain from those who
are continuously burned by the fire.

~added by jakk miller
I TOO AM BURNED BY YOUR FIRE
IT CONSUMES ALL I KNOW
ALL THAT IS SACRED TO ME.

MY BODY, MY SHELL, SURVIVES
AS A BURNT HUSK
MY SOUL IS DYING, WAITING
FOR A HEALER
A CHILD OF LIGHT
TO DESTROY MY DARKNESS
TO CLEAR MY MIND OF
SMOKE.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:52 AM, April 10, 2005, Blogger nixonreed said…

    I so wish to have read your blog site but no one told me because I was deaf, and they knew I couldn't read it because I was blind. I've had someone translate into braille for me. But I will say this these are the days I thank God for being blind and deaf so I won't be able to read what I understand from Anonymous a shitty blog. I miss anonymous please come back and write nasty things on my blog I don't give a shit. I like stupid people writing stupid things. Excuse me I need a moment alone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home