What, me worry?

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

SCULPTURES

In my little walks around downtown it has come to my attention that there is an art exhibit going on right now that spans pretty much all of downtown. If you live in Indy, you have probably noticed these whimsical little sculptures. I was trying to get to the City-County Building one day and I was held up because a truck with large objects wrapped in plastic was blocking the road. I saw it pull up to the city market and I then noticed the giant crane. The next day I saw these delightful little sculptures in various places in my mini travels. The work is courtesy of artist Tom Otterness, And they will be displayed til the end of July. Many of them were formerly displayed in New York City.
This is the first Indianapolis exhibit for Otterness, a Wichita, Kan., native whose work also includes gates at Cleveland's public library, a museum exhibit in the Netherlands and the facade of the Los Angeles Federal Building.
If you are in Indy and would like to see them, or you are coming to Indy, I don't know for big crazy race month or something, here is a link to a map of where they are located:
www.tomotterness.net
Also, if you are just curious and want to see what they look like, there are also pictures on that map.
I think they come at a good time. Crazy Race Month is nearly upon us, most people just call it May though. With people coming for the race, some of them might like to see the sights, and will be pleasantly surprised to see these sculptures.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home