What, me worry?

Friday, September 16, 2005

Ex # 4

For this ex we take a flash back to my sophomore year. This was the year I met Matt. That year also coincided with the time I dated Joe. I was allowed to talk with Matt because he was friends with Joe. Matt was a freshman that year. He was kind of an awkward at this point in his life. He looked really nerdy. He was tall, very thin, with short red hair and glasses. But who cares how he looked. I became pretty good friends with him at the time. I remained friends with him all through high school. My senior year, after being single for a while, I started dating Matt. By this time he was transformed. I'm not saying he was gorgeous by this point. He was still tall and thin, but his hair was long and he looked cooler. He didn't look nerdy. Looks have never been that important to me. The point is, he had always had a good heart.
So I gave him a shot.

Once again it was a fairly uneventful relationship. That year, I had started my first real job. I began to work for an inventory company called R.G.I.S. It's not bad if you want to get all your hours for the whole week in just a couple of days and have the rest of the week off. I mostly worked on weekends. I remember one specific occasion when he forced me against my will to watch "Braveheart." I can't remember why I didn't want to see it but I really did like it when I gave it a chance. He of course teased me because I was really tired that night from working and he thought I was sleeping. He kept turning the movie off and saying, seriously now, stay awake! At school we had the same lunch period, or our lunch periods overlapped. Uh, it was strange, there were 4 normal lunch periods. They were a half hour each. They started at 11am the last to be completed at 1pm. My lunch was from 11:45am to 12:15pm. How? Because I had the non-existant 5th lunch some called the Channel 1 lunch. It was at this time that they showed the high school news program called Channel 1. I never saw Channel 1 because I was at lunch. Now, lunch didn't always work like that. Just my senior year. I don't know what they do now. They might even have like 6 lunches now. The other half hour during lunch hour like say your lunch was at 11am, at 11:30am would then be your resource period, or as most people might call it, study hall. I didn't have one of those either. I had 8 classes. You only had a normal lunch and Channel one if you had 7 classes.

Anyway, while we were in high school, everything was fine. He took me to the prom. Which of course was lame. The prom that is. I had this really cool dress that I absolutely loved. My older sister Jennifer took me to Sears and we looked and looked and found it and it was perfect. My younger brother said it looked like curtains but he's a boy so who cares what he says. The really sweet thing that Matt did was he asked my friend Megan what my dress looked like. My dress was gold with black accents and the straps were black velvet. He went out to get his tux which included a vest that was black with gold accents. Pretty cool. It looked like we went out together and planned it. He did it as a suprise though. The prom itself was pretty stupid. It was held in a hotel in a really small banquet room. But what my school always did was, we went to the school and left our cars there got on a bus with our dates to get there and afterwards we went back to the school for after prom where they locked us all in the school until it was I don't know 3am? Then they set us loose to go home. Whatever, it was really stupid.

The problems didn't come until after, when I was in college and just didn't want to go out with a high school boy anymore. He was always busy with high school stuff and I was busy with college stuff, so it just wasn't working. He didn't see it that way. He was pretty rude a lot of the time.

I moved out of my parents' house the day I graduated from high school. It was just something I did. I wanted to get away from all the kids because I finally could since I wasn't in high school so I left. I moved in with my Grandmother. My older brother had been away at college in Florida. He graduated and came home that summer. Then our Uncle Joe moved out of my parents' other house so my brother and I moved in there. One of his friends were supposed to move in to but he changed his mind. When we got possession of the property back, it was totally trashed. I have pictures of some of our demolition somewhere I should post them. We had to do a lot of work. Matt came over to help a lot.

Then I started hanging out with my brother and his friends and I had the college thing going on and Matt wouldn't understand all that stuff. I think the biggest problem with the relationship was that it was doomed from the start. See because I was still messed up from the whole Tom thing. I wasn't really able to ever connect with Matt as I had with Tom. I wasn't able to do that with anyone for a really long time in fact. It's not that I wanted Tom still, it was that I was too scared to love someone that much only to lose him again.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, September 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Latest Hollywood script deals
    Walt Disney Pictures has hired Ron Burch and David Kidd to write "The Last Lap." The studio bought the feature treatment and underlying feature rights to Mike Leonard's manuscript in January.
    Love this blog! Going to bookmark you!

    I have a pheromone review site. I review pheromone that are proven to work to attract women.

    Love to see ya' if you get time :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home