What, me worry?

Monday, February 27, 2006

OK, YOU CURLING LOVING FREAKS!!!!!

I'm still recovering from my fall.
I saw a doctor last Thursday and got new x-rays and he said he didn't see a fracture at all. He put a soft cast on it, wet gauze under cotton under gauze and told me we'll see how it's doing next week (which is now this week), and then we'd talk therapy. (Physical therapy! He's a foot doctor!)Then he sent me on my merry way. At which point I stopped at the register to pay my co-pay. Hurray for health-care! Currently I am sitting at my desk at work, leg elevated typing a post to you fine people.

To my delight when I was stuck at home recuperating with a sprained ankle which by the way doesn't happen to be fractured like the ER doctor said it was, I was able to watch some of the olympics. Oddly in former years I would mostly watch figure skating. It's pretty, but this year I watched none. Not even once. I watched CURLING! It dawned on me that of all olympic sports, it seemed like the one I would probably be best out. The experience has truly reaffirmed my love of curling.

Curling truly is a sport in which one has to think and think fast. What must be going through their heads as they rush after the disc sliding oh so fast down the ice? They have to make the judgement on how long to clear the path and when to stop smoothing out the ice so the disc will stop as close to the center as possible. If you haven't judged just right your opponents can keep smoothing out the ice so that your disc continues to slide. Then, when it is the opponents turn to slide down their disc, you have to keep it from hitting your disc and knocking it out of place.
I find it rivetting. I swear I held my breath when the other team went, uh, every time.

Two of my sisters, Tammytyree and Jillibean, were so sad the olympics ended that they went to BEST BUY and purchased the official Olympics game. To our dismay, it didn't seem to work on my playstation 2. I constantly get disc read errors with it. I don't know why. Oh well.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger whitechoclatespacegg said…

    Uh, I have nothing to say to that......Except that I didn't actually look at the cable guy at all unless I had to. Besides, how dare you taint my curling post with talk of ass cracks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home