What, me worry?

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Compulsion

The Compulsion

I did it again, I bought a collection of horror movies. Mostly Italian in origin. My youngest sister was with me and I gave her implicit instructions not to let me do that. But she turned her back for a second and didn't notice I had it until I set it down on the counter to check out. It was only like $5.95. I do so enjoy making those check out girls give me funny looks, especeially when I sat down that horror collection, fabulously titled I might add "BLOOD BATH," as well as "Degrassi: The Next Generation Season 3," and then saying, very loudly, DON'T JUDGE ME! My sis just shook her head and said there's no hope for me. I have this terrible compulsion to buy these old horror movies simply because the entire collection has a hilarious name!
Anyway, on to the movies.....

The first was called "DEVIL'S NIGHTMARE." It's an Italian Gothic Horror film Directed by Jean Brisme
Writing credits Jean Brisme & Pierre-Claude Garnier. Well, I was almost afraid that it wasn't the production company that put it out put a rather puzzling opening at the beginning which as I started watching was hoping wasn't the actual film. To my utter joy, it wasn't the scary opening ended after much fast forwarding. It's about a group of tourists travelling through eastern Europe who seek refuge in an old castle. The castle of course is cursed. The first born daughter is always a succubus. Oh, but shocker, the owner killed his first born daughter, but a succubus comes any way. She kills six of the people in acts of mortal sin. Of course she was doing the killing for the devil. I was suprised, it really wasn't too bad.

The second film was called "PIECES." This was an early 80's slasher film Directed by Juan Piquer Simn & Writing credits Joe D'Amato & Dick Randall. It was hilarious. I don't think I ever laughed at a slasher film so much before. Basically at the beginning in the 40's some kid gets caught by his mother when he's putting together a puzzle of a naked lady. His mom takes it away so of course he axes her. 40 years later some psycho is chopping up coeds making a life sized puzzle out of women parts. It has some hilarious lines in it: Dean: Professor Brown... you see... is a homosexual. Not to mention the part where the character Mary Riggs stands outside the locker room and yells BASTARD! over and over again.

I think I'll post the other two over the weekend seeing as I didn't watch the last one yet, the other two are called,

"KILL BABY KILL" Directed by Mario Bava & "KISS ME KILL ME" Directed by Corrado Farina

Strange how almost every one of these things has one film directed by Mario Bava.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home