What, me worry?

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Big Brother and Survivor

I've decided to cover these in one post so that people can get all their insults out at once regarding my reality TV viewing. (I stand by my assertion that if people know they are being watched it ceases to be reality. The script is more improve but I never believe that this is what these people are really like. It's just called reality TV.)

My biggest critiscism of Big Brother is one, Julie Chen is a terrible host. One night she relied way too heavily on those cue cards for a speech she's delivered every week for about five summers. I spent more times screaming at Julie this past summer than I can count. I think it would be more fun if one or more of the past house guests was the host.

All in all, after I got over the initial shock that I would not get to watch Bunky on BB7 Allstars, this past season turned out pretty good. Especially toward the end when it got really exciting. Plus it was fun watching Will and Janelle, even if their flirting was real, you can't fake chemistry. You can have that even if you don't like each other. The Boogie and Erika relationship was kind of gross. That was mostly because he did not appear interested in her at all. She seemed really insecure, and also like she couldn't really read people. I mean, can't she tell when she's kissing a dude that if he turns away like he did, he's just not into her. It made her look really pathetic. I feel bad for her, I really do. She didn't even win after coming off looking so bad. I have to say it though, I don't think she ever stood a chance at winning. She was outplayed by everyone I think, well maybe not Chicken Man George. I honestly would not have predicted Boogie winning or getting that far, I thought Chilltown would be out first, but for some reason they stuck around. This is why it's cool one of them won. I wanted Janelle, but since they changed Big Brother in America and took practically out of our hands, I didn't get much say. I didn't even vote for her to get the $25,000 because you could only vote by texting on a Cingular phone, which yes I have one, but I don't know how to text (yeah, REALLY! Go ahead and laugh, I don't care, I'm sure I could figure it out if I wanted to.)

The Bad, I think I'd be really good at this game. I can adapt into different social situations pretty well. I'm good at getting along with people I don't like. There are quite a few people I've come across in my work life I have deceived into thinking I like them by being friendly in order to make the environment more bearable. Not co-workers, I would consider them more as peers, or competitors. We gather a lot of the same info for the same kind of clients, it's best not to make waves, they could make the records less obtainable if they chose to. But the last Big Brother got me thinking, I'm at such a cross roads in my life, it could be a good time to apply for the next season. I'm terrified that- I won't be accepted, I wouldn't be able to get that time off all at once if I did get accepted, I wouldn't win and then be without a job, And then I would have trouble getting another job because stupid me never finished school. At that point would I have to go back to school? Where would that money come from with no job? I'm just a big scardy cat, I know.

Now for the controversial new season of Survivor. It's just started maybe I will have to post on it again. So far, I like it. I'm not easily offended. To me people are people no matter what they look like. I'm not shallow, so there. I can however see where people might see something wrong with it. I have seen enough civil rights law suits to know that this could be bad. I hope not. Survivor is my favorite reality show of all time!!!


That's enough of this.

Until next time.......

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home