What, me worry?

Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Current

I've been debating re-posting or maybe even re-writing my articles on my exes but I've discovered, I just don't want to. I don't know if I'm just lazy, or I don't care anymore. The whole point was to I don't even know anymore. This current post is about my current boyfriend. I guess I was trying to chronicle who I'd been with in order to see how I got to where I am now.

So, my current boyfriend:

I met Jeff at my sister's wedding. She married David in the fall of '96. I was the maid of honor and Jeff, David's cousin, was the best man. The only things I remember of this meeting is, one, he was cute, two he was married, and three no, there is no three. That was it. He has said that he remembers that he felt some kind of connection during our one dance but he was married and he would never have acted on that. I know nothing of this connection. I don't remember that hmmmm. Let's move on.

Fast forward to the year 1999, summer. To a divorced Jeff and a single me. I was spending a lot of time with Jennifer and David. I'd hang out with them and they'd bring Jeff and unfortunately he'd bring the transitional Looney Lan.
(His wife left him claiming she wasn't who he married, she used to be someone else and she didn't marry him. Blah blah blah blah. I never loved you. Then she'd call him in the middle of the night and beg for him to let her come over and have sex. I don't know why he married her, he doesn't either. So anyway he started dating Looney Lan, that's what we call her now.) Transitional Girl Looney Lan didn't work out, they became friends. It's not right to date someone when you like her kids better than you like her.

This was also the last summer of Lilith Fair.
One day waiting in line for tickets to Lilith fair, Jennifer and her husband met a musicion also in line. Her name was Ugly Old Hoe-Bag. Wait that's not right. Her name was Deanna. The three of them became fast friends. Deanna wanted to be a famous singer. Jennifer and David thought that was cool. They started hanging around her all the time. They tried to fix Deanna up with Jeff. That didn't work, Jeff didn't like Deanna. Different temperaments. Oh, and she seemed like kind of a money grubber. Appearances made him look like he had some money. He had a very nice looking apartment at the time. If you didn't know better with some of the things inside, you might think he had a lot more money than he really did. Truth is most of his decor came from Goodwill Stores. Not rich, thrifty. What a disappointment for Deanna. Turns out she had a severe case of the I want what you haves, a good man, a supportive husband, you know a good solid guy, what we all want, that will do as she says when she says it. So Jennifer, David, Jeff, Deanna, and I hung out together a lot. It was weird, it was like if Jennifer was not there, David gravitated to Deanna, sometimes when Jennifer was there he would still gravitate to Deanna. One case, at the Hollywood Bar and Filmworks, I wasn't there. Jennifer, David and Deanna on one side of the table facing the screen with David in the middle. Jeff was on the other side of the table with his friend Drew, also facing the screen and the other three. Jeff and Drew saw David playing with both of the women's hair. Drew asked Jeff what was up with that and Jeff said he didn't know. I mentioned how David seems to spend a lot of time with Deanna and Jennifer said there was nothing too my suspicions.

Whatever this post isn't about my sister's divorce or the man stealer.

I hadn't decided if I wanted to date Jeff. What brought us together was David leaving Jennifer. We were both like, what the hell. Our first date, just the two of us was to
La Hacienda. We traded stories about times when we'd seen suspicious behavior between David and Deanna. After that we became and have been ever since.


The next post of this vein will be about the actual relationship. I'm not promising when though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home